New BBC Cover-Up Claim- Sunday Mirror Newspaper- Exclusive News Story- ***November 2012***

A woman contacted us after being sexually assaulted during an audtion for the BBC only last year.


The dancer, who asked to remain anonymous, reported the attack to the police who were told by the BBC that the corporation would launch its own investigation.


However, the BBC failed to launch an investigation and has no record that any action was taken against the abuser.


We sold the story to the Sunday Mirror newspaper which ran an exclusive article.


Scroll down to read the full story.



Do you want to sell information about a news story? To sell your story for the most money contact us today on 0845 60 90 118 or fill out the story form on the right.


For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions section.

Click here on Newspaper Stories and Magazine Stories to see some more examples of our work.






'BBC ignored it when boss groped me': Second dancer reveals ordeal which only happened last year


Woman says corporation failed to investigate when she complained

The woman's claims put new pressure on the BBC as Director General George Entwistle faces calls to quit over the handling of the Savile scandal. More details of an alleged cover-up are ­expected tonight on BBC Panorama, due to report on why an investigation into the late DJ was not broadcast by the BBC's own Newsnight.

The dancer says she gave police a long statement which named the alleged attacker but they stopped investigating when BBC execs said it was being dealt with internally. Yet the BBC have no record of the incident, prompting officials to investigate again.

A senior BBC source said: "We don't have any notes of the complaint even though details of the employee were given to the BBC at the time. We don't have any record on it."

The woman, who does not wish to be named, said she was ­saying what happened because of a "culture of cover-ups" at the BBC.

"I want everyone to know this wasn't just in the old days when Jimmy Savile was alive... it's still happening now," she said. "Girls are being mistreated but even when they complain to the police the BBC doesn't want to know."

The woman met her alleged attacker after she responded to a talent website ad for dancers for a TV show. They met in a pub last April to discuss the role.

The dancer, who we are calling Lisa, said: "It was unusual because normally you go to a casting, they tell you the details and audition you at the same time. But he said he wanted to meet me first."

About a week later the executive texted Lisa, inviting her to a South London rehearsal studio.

He came out to meet her and a friend, and took Lisa to a studio, leaving her pal to wait in reception. The executive had told her she would be filmed in silhouette and should wear minimal clothing so he could see her shape. She said: "I brought a tank top and tight shorts with me, and he left the room while I changed."

Lisa said: "Then it started to get weird. The song was playing and he started physically manhandling me to show me how he wanted me to dance. He was talking about the moves then he just started to breathe very heavily, and his hands were all over me. It was disgusting. Finally he started trying to put his hands in my shorts and to pull my top away."

Lisa, 23 at the time, says she was terrified but aware she was on her own. She said: "It must have been obvious to him I was unhappy. Wherever he put his hands I tried to move my body away from him and make it difficult for him."

She immediately left when the song finished to find her friend and tell her what happened. Lisa reported the man to police the same day and a week later they called back to say they had spoken to the BBC who confirmed the man worked for the corporation.

The executive claimed the dancer was making up the allegations because she hadhadn't got the job.

Lisa said: "The police told me to take it no further. I said I did want to take it further because I wanted to make sure other girls wouldn't be in that situation and maybe feel they had to let him get away with it in return for a job. I was furious."

Scotland Yard said a man had been arrested on suspicion of sexual touching but was released after an investigation.

Sources in the BBC claim top boss George Entwistle is unlikely to survive the storm over Savile and other claims.

The Beeb's axed Newsnight document was said to have been sacrificed in favour of a tribute to Savile. Mr Entwistle, due to be quizzed by MPs on Tuesday, was responsible for that show, called How's About That Then?, the DJ's catchphrase.

Evidence has also emerged that the BBC was allegedly aware of claims that Savile was a serial abuser of young boys at a variety of locations, including the BBC's own premises. Solicitor Alan Collins said he is examining claims Savile abused children at a home in Jersey, on Portsmouth seafront and a special needs school.













Contact us today. . . to earn big money for your story!

Cash4YourStory's latest payouts: