Fiona Shaw's story of how her morning sickness nearly killed her unborn daughter appears on page three of the Daily Mail newspaper.

This is the second time we have sold the story for Fiona who has received very good fees each time.

Fiona's story was first sold to That's Life magazine but we managed to sell her story again to the Daily Mail newspaper.

She was both surprised and delighted by how high her fees were for the movings story.

QUESTION: How do I sell my story?

ANSWER: Call our story hotline on (local rates) 0845 60 90 118 or fill in the story form on the right,

How morning sickness made me lose three stone - and nearly killed our unborn daughter


When Fiona Shaw discovered she was pregnant she vowed to switch to a healthy diet.

She promised her partner Ian Clifton that she would swop takeaways and bacon sandwiches for fresh fruit and vegetables, to give their baby the best start in life.

As it turned out, however, she couldn't eat anything at all.

At five weeks Miss Shaw developed severe morning sickness, which became so bad that she could barely keep half a biscuit down.

By 28 weeks she had plummeted from a size 14 at 11 stone to a size six at eight stone.

A scan showed her baby girl was suffering too, and Miss Shaw was forced to have an emergency Caesarean section.

Tianna was born more than two months premature at just 2lb 5oz, and faced a desperate struggle for life.

Miss Shaw, 24, of Rotherham, said: 'Before I got pregnant I was just living on McDonald's, takeaways and bacon sandwiches - no vegetables.

When I discovered I was three weeks pregnant, Ian and I agreed I'd have plenty of vegetables for the baby's sake.

"As it turned out, I had virtually no diet, let alone a healthy one."

At one stage she was admitted to hospital with dehydration and blurred vision.

"I was diagnosed with hyperemesis, or severe morning sickness, and given anti-sickness drugs and had a scan, but they said everything was all right with the baby," she said.

Unfortunately, the drugs did not work, and by week ten she was back in hospital.

"It got to the point where just the smell of food made me feel sick," she said.

"All I could eat was biscuits, but I rarely kept down more than half of one at a time at its worst.

"I had to have ice pops just to give me liquid."

Concerned that she needed closer attention than that provided by Rotherham General Hospital, and with her weight still falling, at 21 weeks Miss Shaw went for a private scan.

The results were fine, but another scan at 28 weeks in August gave alarming news.

Tianna had barely put on any weight and there seemed to be problems with her heart rate.

Miss Shaw and her boyfriend went straight to hospital.

"Before I knew it, within the hour I was having a Caesarean,' she said.

"They said she needed to come out straight away or she would die."

Tianna arrived at a tiny 2lb 5oz, and within a week her weight had dropped to just 2lb.

She contracted several lung infections, and had to be resuscitated repeatedly.

But she fought back, and by October was allowed home with Miss Shaw and Mr Clifton, 23, who is a quality controller for a catering distributor.

She has thrived ever since, as has her mother.

Today, Tianna weighs 15lb, and her 5ft 6in mother is stable at eight stone.

Miss Shaw said: "I'm happy with being 8st now - and I'm eating healthily."

Contact us today. . . to earn big money for your story!

Cash4YourStory's latest payouts: